Heavy period: some tips
Menstruation is an important phase for the woman. But when there is an abnormal amount of blood loss, menstruation is not only heavy but also a risk. This is caused by hormonal fluctuations in which blood loss occurs because the blood is mixed with an aggravated Pitta.
Factors that contribute to excessive blood loss
- Very acidic and salty products
- Urad beans
- Sesame seeds
- Food with lots of garlic, asuffetida and mustard
- Fasting or eating at very irregular times
- Heavy Exercise
- Excessive sexual activity
- Stress and restlessness
- Wrong food combinations such as yoghurt with fresh fruits.
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Excessive and prolonged blood loss
- The blood can be dark in color and thick
- The menstrual blood is slightly warmer than normal
- Fever during menstruation
Products that are good to eat
- Every hour 3-4 raisins
Ayurveda also uses the healing power of herbs and plants to restore the balance. Consult one of our specialists for personalized advice.
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional. If you are seeking the advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or email Ayurveda Specialist. Check with your doctor before taking herbs, herbal food supplements or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.